This project consisted of the preparation of full design construction site plans, specifications, and construction inspection services for a new school. Coordination with Carroll County review agencies along with the Carroll County Health Department, Maryland State Highway Administration and Maryland Department of the Environment was crucial during the design stages of this project. The project included the evaluation of the existing purchased parcel to determine the development potential. HLS was in charge with overseeing the site design, permitting, construction management, construction stakeout and stormwater management inspections and certification. Offsite road improvements near the intersection of Route 140 and Hughes Shop Road were designed as part of this project. HLS attended public meetings to present proposed improvements to the public and answer questions and concerns.
Project design included:
- Site Layout & Dimensions
- Boundary and Topographic Surveys
- Site grading: Site was re-graded to drain to the west to provide for infiltration of runoff per stormwater management requirements.
- Coordination of perc testing with Health Department for septic system design
- Stormwater Management: Stormwater management design including the design of three a filtering/recharge systems and grass shoulder disconnect for minor road improvements
- Performed Environmental Site Delineation that included the delineation of wetlands and forest stands
- Floodplain Study
- Forest Conservation
- Prepared Subdivision Plans for creation of additional residential lots
- State Highway road improvements
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Coordinated of agency approvals
- Construction Stakeout
- Stormwater Management As-Built Inspections and Certification