This task consisted of testing the structure of the electrical systems for lighting in the Fort McHenry Tunnel. All task duties were completed between the hours of 7:00 PM and 5:30 AM.
HLS Duties included:
- Verification of the calibration date of the testing equipment to ensure that it was up to date and code.
- Verification that the testing equipment was fully functional.
- While Megger Testing, HLS monitored the results of each cable to see if the voltage level was over 100 megaohms at 1000 DC volts.
- Reviewed blueprints, submitted IDRs (Inspector’s Daily Report) to the Project Engineer
- Responsible for ensuring the lighting system was installed per code.
HLS also previously completed Task 59 under this contract, which included inspections for the I-895 superstructure bridge replacement.