This task consisted of testing the structure of the electrical systems for lighting in the Fort McHenry Tunnel. All task duties were completed between the hours of 7:00 PM and 5:30 AM.
HLS Duties included:
- Verification of the calibration date of the testing equipment to ensure that it was up to date and code.
- Verification that the testing equipment was fully functional.
- While Megger Testing, HLS monitored the results of each cable to see if the voltage level was over 100 megaohms at 1000 DC volts.
- Reviewed blueprints, submitted IDRs (Inspector’s Daily Report) to the Project Engineer
- Direction and monitored the work performed by the Contractors.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of the contractors, drivers, and any other parties in close proximity to the work zone.
HLS also previously completed Task 59 under this contract, which included inspections for the I-895 superstructure bridge replacement.