Contract No. AX7665D82
HLS provided topographic surveys and prepared a survey base plan, property mosaic, and right-of-way work map in accordance with MDOT SHA survey performance specifications in 2019.
HLS duties Included:
- Office and field surveys to perform topographic survey for various retrofit areas
- Field work to establish survey control at each of the project locations.
- Located stream channel including top and bottom of banks and thalweg, where present.
- Located visible utilities, water, sewer, storm drains, with invert elevations (where accessible), 18” and larger trees, wetlands limits (where delineated) and other existing features such as edge of roadway.
- Office computations to prepare existing conditions topographic survey base for use by the project team. Work was completed in MicroStation V8i.
- Research of existing SHA right-of-way and adjoining properties.
- Review of SHA survey books and as-built plans to determine the most accurate means to re-establish the existing right-of-way.
- Field recovery and location of right-of-way reference points.
- Re-established SHA right-of-way and plotted adjoining property deeds to create a deed mosaic and work map.
- Performed metes and bounds survey.
- Searched for and located existing boundary markers and SHA baseline references, and set additional survey control as needed.
- Office computations for boundary determination.
- Prepared SHA Plats to be used for right-of-way acquisition. Plat was prepared in accordance with MDOT SHA specifications.